May 2022 – The game of golf is growing swiftly and Junior Golf is blowing up. Thanks to programs like PGA Junior League Golf, Drive, Chip and Putt and PGA Junior Golf Camps, more families and youth than ever are discovering why golf is the sport to be playing.
Below is a list of the “Top 10 Reasons Why Kids Should Play Golf!”
1. Develop life-long benefits: Benefits of golf include making life-long friends while learning a game that can be played life-long.
2. Spend quality time with family: Golf can be an all-day event around which all family members can gather and play together. It is a great opportunity for parents to provide positive feedback, encourage their children, and spend fun, quality time as a family.
3. Spending time outdoors: Walking and being active in the outdoors from the sport allows kids to breathe in fresh air and establishes healthy exercise habits early on. It is far more beneficial than any indoor video games or television shows.
4. Business skills: In addition to etiquette and the ability to play comfortably with friends and family, golf also teaches self-confidence, improves ones ability to work with numbers, and applies problem-solving skills that are critical in any business.
5. Anyone can play: People from all over the world and all walks of life can come together and play on a golf course. The diversity that one will find on a golf course will allow young golfers to open up a broader view of the world and people.
6. Self Improvement: Golf challenges the player to constantly think about self-improvement. Players will analyze ways for them to improve. They will develop habits of self improvement by self-analysis skills, seeking professional assistance, and accepting critique from mentors, coaches, and peers.
7. Etiquette and Values: Golf has a long and rich tradition of etiquette that lives on today. Playing golf teaches youth how to behave towards themself and their peers, while also relaying values such as truthfulness and strength during adversity.
8. Health: Golf is an active game but is less prone to injuries than most contact sports. Conditioning for golf improves strength of core muscles that help to support the spine, improve flexibility, and give players the opportunity to be active and fit.
9. Controlling Emotions: Similar to life, there are achievements and disappointments found in golf. Learning from mistakes and overcoming obstacles improves a player’s game. This will teach them to carry out a more optimistic view that will influence the same mindset into their day-to-day life.
10. Fun: Young people are growing up too fast in the technological busy world today. Gathering with friends to play golf gives kids the opportunity to spend time enjoying friendly competition with other young golfers or collegial companionship competitions.